TIVOLI - Southern Sky Guest Farm
Namibia's Astrofarm since 1986
Have you always wanted to see the Southern Cross, the Magellanic Clouds, the Jewel Box Cluster, Omega Centauri, 47 Tucanae and Eta Carinae? Would you like to see them and much, much morethrough quality equipment in ideal conditions?
Here at our Southern Sky Guest Farm we offer hours of unforgettable observing in a relaxing location. This is about as far from the stress and strain of daily life as you could ever hope to travel. We are a small family-run business and here on our isolated sheep-farm the only guests we cater for are astronomers. Here they can pursue their hobby undisturbed by light pollution, traffic noise or mass tourism.
Whether you are a newcomer to the hobby or an experienced observer we can provide a profoundly impressive encounter with the night sky of Southern Africa.
We look forward to meeting you!
Kirsten und Reinhold Schreiber
We like Astronomers –
and we have what Astronomers like:
- Telescopes from 80-500mm opening, complete observatories as well as, columns, mounts, accessories and an astro-library - everything at your disposal!
- quiet, well-kept apartments in the immediate vicinity of the observation points
- excellent food, late astronomer breakfast, delicious dinner with namibian-italien-bavarian dishes and a nighttime snack
- Pick-up service from and to the airport
- Game viewing, farm tours, Cessna-sightseeing flights, but also time and leisure to find your way back into the remoteness of the Namibian savanna
- nice people for good conversations and of course breathtakingly beautiful starry sky that you will never forget!
News about die Farm, offers and impressive photos of our visitors. Subscribe to our Facebook-page, for the latest information.